"They were professional, efficient and showed that they cared"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

Two weeks ago an ambulance came out to see my mum after a call to 111. The Ambulance team, Bruce and Teri really impressed me. They wanted to involve my mum at all times. Even though she suffers from dementia, they took the time to explain what they were doing and keep her informed. This showed me that they cared about both my mum and me.

They were very attentive to both of us and we were not left felling rushed. They treated my mum like a human being. It felt like when they were there we were all that mattered. They were professional and efficient and showed that they cared. I don’t think you can underestimate how important showing you care is for patients and those around them.

Dear North243

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope your mum is feeling much better now.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients, and their families, when they need us most.

I would like to pass your kind comments onto the Bruce and Teri who came to your aid. Would you be able to contact me, laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk or call 01392 453831, at your convenience, with the date and address that the ambulance attended? This would allow me to identify the incident and ensure they are recognised for the care they gave.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our service.