"Excellent service"

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

Following a routine mammogram in 2013 I was diagnosed with breast cancer at MDGH. I received the best care and treatment from the breast care nurses, surgeon and oncologist. I recently noticed a small lump in my breast and went to my GP. A referral was made immediately and an appointment was made there and then with the breast clinic for 2 days later. Again I received an excellent level of care, had a mammogram and ultrasound scan. Fortunately the lump was nothing more than a cyst. The Breast Clinic at MDGH offers an excellent service, consulting and providing choices to their patients. I have also attended their drop-in service post surgery and found the staff to be caring, supportive and reassuring. Information was provided to me in the form of leaflets throughout my treatment, which were also helpful for my family. I cannot praise this department highly enough. The staff are very busy, but will always spare time to make a cup of tea to those of us who have received a distressing prognosis.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning your care at Macclesfield Hospital. We will pass your comments on to the department concerned and I am sure your feedback will be very well received by our staff. Thank you once again.