About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

My grandad was admitted to this ward 4 weeks ago. I am horrified at the state of the ward and the smell. I appreciate that the nurses are busy, however due to infection control I think it's disgusting that my grandad was left sitting in a pool of his own urine as his catheter had leaked all over . When informing a nurse who was on the ward he simply claimed that he was 'to busy' to clean up the mess, so I ended up doing this myself. As all nurses must provide an holistic approach I do not think its acceptable that my grandad was left feeling like his dignity had been lost due to this situation. I hope problems like this do not arise for others in the future as my grandad was devastated by this situation.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

We are extremely concerned by the care your granddad received and wish to investigate it further. Please could you contact our Patient Relations team on 01539 795497 so we can respond to you directly on this matter. Thank you for commenting on our services and bringing this issue to our attention.