"Conduct of staff when visiting my neighbour"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary

(as a friend),

I was visiting my elderly neighbour at Glasgow royal infirmary, I was shocked at the attitudes of some of staff I saw. I found this very disturbing I found them rude they showed lack of care and compassion. I waited at nurses station for ten minutes while the nurses and ward doctor, were talking about other staff members business, a relative of some other visitor walked past and they stated laughing she complains, if she asks for anything leave her waiting, I found this disturbing they were acting immature and showed no respect. One of the nurses appeared to be more senior than the others. Senior members of staff should be setting an example to others not encouraging.

Dear logan,

Thank you for highlighting the experience you had when visiting your neighbour. You are completely correct when you say that senior members of staff should be setting an example and we would expect all patients, family members and visitors to be treated with complete respect at all points when using our services.

I will ensure your comments are passed on to the head of this service at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary so that this is taken on board and will let you know how this is being addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comments,

Best Wishes,