"A 21 year old man starts to recover after being in a coma for a week..."

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital Colman Hospital James Paget University Hospital / Accident and emergency

I suffered a TBI from a car accident. I was in a coma for around a week, in hospital for a month or so. I would have been in for around 6 weeks however my mother took me out and cared for me at home. I definitely think this is the best way to recover, for me anyway, at home. I have to say a massive thank you to both the James Paget hospital and Addenbrooks hospital, who were very good to me throughout. I was told 18 months for a return to work, in which I was back in 4. I did sign back off but this was not due to any medical staff, I just felt this would be better for my overall recovery. I think when suffering from a brain injury, you do not know yourself how bad you actually are, and you cannot see what others see around you. The Coleman Centre saw me from 5 or so weeks in, right until May time this year. Each of their staff was very helpful and got me through difficult times in my recovery, with Paul and Helen seeing me regularly right until the end. A massive thank you to both them and the whole team in Norwich.

Response from Christine Little, Patient Experience Lead, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback about the services you've received following your car accident. It is always good for our staff and other patients to hear about good care and treatment. I have made sure the staff at Colman Hospital know about your story and your reflections of your recovery, We wish you well for the future.

kind regards

Christine Little

Patient Experience Lead

Response from Nicola Hallows, Complaints and PALS Manager, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your medical care after your accident; I am very pleased to hear that you received good care from staff at Addenbrooke's Hospital. Our staff always strive to provide care in line with the Trust's values of 'Kind, Safe and Excellent', and it is good to hear that you felt you were treated well. With best wishes for the future.

Nicola Hallows