"The waiting time from being referred was unacceptable"

About: Inclusion Matters Sefton

The waiting time was unacceptable. I was referred and didn't start treatment for six months. My condition had worsened over the waiting period. No additional phone support was offered. The initial telephone assessment resulted in a referral for CBT. When I was seen by the counsellor she thought this type of therapy would not be suitable for me. I also thought this and was therefore put back onto the waiting list. I felt that the 1st assessment was poorly done.

I would recommend the service if the waiting times where shorter.

I M Sefton inform me that they do not have an online facility for completing the PEQ.

Response from Elizabeth Forrest, CBT Therapist, Inclusion Matters

Dear 'Gradual820',

Thank you for leaving your feedback for us on Patient Opinion. We really value the feedback we receive as it helps us to learn and grow as a service.

I was sorry to hear that you had problems with waiting for an appointment - this is most unusual for our service as we aim to see people as quickly as possible. I'd be happy to look into this further for you if you would like, please just email me with your full name to elizabeth.lovell@nhs.net.

We do not currently have an online facility for Patient Experience Questionnaires but I would be happy to email you a copy if you would like me to.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours,