"My Radical Prostatetectomy"

About: Royal Victoria Hospital / Urology

I recently had to undergo a removal of my prostate at the Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury. At 69 yrs of age this was a daunting prospect. However, I am pleased to say that thanks to the help and kindness from the various departments that I was involved in and the wealth of printed matter on the subject, my anxiety level dropped substantially.

The pre-op forum where everything was explained about after-op incontinence and what to do about it was superb and well delivered.

The nursing care was excellent and I was always treated with respect and compassion. The telephone aftercare was good and welcomed and I was left feeling that I was never alone with my condition.

The NHS has had a lot of bad press recently but in my little corner of the UK and my reason for being there, I cannot fault it.

Thank you so much for your feedback which is really appreciated. I will ensure that the team are aware. Hope you continue to recover well from your operation.

• lezwez thinks this response is helpful

Response from Royal Victoria Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the care and treatment you had when you had the procedure to remove your prostate. I hope that you are now fully recovered from your surgery.

• lezwez thinks this response is helpful