"Delays with the appointment system "

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I currently am under one Orthopedic consultant who has referred me to his superior, however, having waiting 12 weeks to see him I am now told I have to wait another 12 weeks to see the next one. I find this wholly unacceptable & can't figure out how I have to wait another 12 weeks.

On top of that, I have been attending the hospital for almost a year with this condition & understand I need an operation to try to correct the problem. I am at my wits end with pain & wearing a Air boot for almost 5 months is wearing me down. Why do I have to wait again? Why am I being passed from pillar to post? From Physio, orthotics, now Orthopedics. After a scan in early Sept, I am no further forward & feeling very frustrated by the whole episode.

Dear Biffmcb,

Thank you for getting in touch to highlight the waiting times you are experiencing in your referral to another consultant. I appreciate the frustration that this will cause you and would like to look into this further.

I have passed your comments on to the Head of this service for more information, however in the meantime it would be helpful if you could contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk so that I can get a few more personal details from you which may help to progress this matter.

Kind Regards,

Lorna

Update posted by Biffmcb (the patient)

Hi Lorna - I sent you a personal email as requested & just wonder if you received it?