"My mesh operation has not worked"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Gynaecology

During my last appointment to see my consultant which I did not as it was another consultant at the new Victoria infirmary Glasgow I told the consultant that my mesh was cutting my husbands penis. The consultant said I would have to get an internal. The consultant went for a nurse and spoke to the consultant I was supposed to and came back done an internal then in came my original consultant and done another internal I was in agony afterwards and have been told my mesh operation has not worked I was offered the same procedure again I refused. I have another appointment in 2015 for video dynamics.

Dear ramona dawn,

Thank you for getting in touch to share the experience you have had following this procedure, I am really sorry to hear about the negative impact this has had on you. As you may have seen, other women have shared similar experiences on this site and I understand that this matter is currently under review by the Scottish Government. I'm sure that further details about this review will be provided here by the Scottish Government and I hope that this will provide you with some further information.

With very best wishes,

Lorna

Update posted by ramona dawn (the patient)

Thank you Lorna I currently have a UTI which I am on antibiotics for I have been suffering constant pressure /pain and very uncomfortable.

I hope the antibiotics work soon