"Emergency Admission"

About: St Mary's Hospital

We were on holiday on the island when the infection in my partners elbow worsened. We were advised by our own GP to take him to A&E for urgent review. He was seen by the doctor in A&E quite quickly who organised the necessary x-rays and tests. Whilst waiting for the results, there was a very attentive volunteer offering me drinks. The decision was then made that he required admission to the orthopaedic ward for intravenous antibiotics. He was very fortunate to be given a room of his own. We cannot praise all of the ward staff and doctors highly enough. He was extremely well looked after and monitored constantly. The standard of cleanliness was excellent as was the food he enjoyed. I would have no reservations about going to this hospital again if the need arose. Working in the NHS myself, I can appreciate when a job is well done and can only praise the team spirit on the orthopaedic ward.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you very much for your positive comments, which have been shared with the relevant teams. I am sorry that your holiday was interrupted by a visit to our Trust, but am glad that the experience was as positive as it could be. I do hope that your partner has recovered well, and thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.