"Involvement meeting at Wells Road"

About: Forensic mental health / Low secure services

(as a staff member posting for a carer/relative),

A group of service users, carers and Involvement staff went along to the Wells Road Family and Friends Meeting to talk with relatives, friends and patients from the wards at the Wells Road about their treatments and experiences.

Comment from a family member whose son is on Porchester Ward:

'I have trouble understanding my son. I think this has been caused by his medication. The Wells Road arranged for speach therapy, but this hasn't helped. I am asking if there is anything you can do to help me understand my son, perhaps another session of speach therapy. I really want to talk with and understand my son. I do find the staff on Porchester Ward listen to me and my concerns anf feel as a carer supported by them - thank you

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback, it is good to hear that you feel supported by staff on Porchester ward. In regards to speech therapy and support in communicating with your son please contact the ward Consultant on 0115 956 0859 who would be happy to discuss this issue with you.