"Concerns about mental health support in hospital"

About: Alexandra Hospital / Accident and emergency Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust

My partner phoned 999 for me, because he thought I was in danger and he was worried about my high temperature. I became a patient at the hospital. I thought that the ambulance services were excellent and the staff were very kind and polite and quick.

However, if I am being totally honest here, I was not happy with the way the nurses and mental health nurse treated me in the hospital. They were constantly being rude towards me and they were threatening me and I was very frightened of them. I still am, because as far as I'm concerned I did not deserve that kind of treatment from any member of staff, especially because I have a mental illness. I felt that they were not helping by treating me that way.

My family arrived and found me in tears because I was very frightened of them and I just wanted to go home where I felt safe.

Response from Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for your comments, which we received this week via the Patient Opinion website. We're very sorry to hear about your experience, and I apologise for the delay in this acknowledgement. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at patientservices.dept@worcsacute.nhs.uk