"good cars and excellent staff"

About: Derriford Hospital

In the last 10 months I have had experience of many of the departments at Derriford. On every visit I have been treated with courtesy. All the staff I have been in contact with, medical, nursing, paramedical, administrative and ancillary, have been cheerful helpful and welcoming. All my non urgent treatments have been arranged in a reasonable time span. When I was discovered as having cancer my feet didn't touch the ground with the speed of my referral. I received medical and diagnostic and finally inpatient treatment in a very short space of time. Yes, on occasion I have had to wait in a clinic beyond the time of my appointment but am sure that this is because someone in worse health than me was given priority, as they should have been. It makes me furious to hear people complaining about waiting times, compared to 30 years ago the waiting times now are neglible.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Tony

Wishing you well in your recovery

Best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased that on the several occasions that you have been to the hospital they have been positive.We really do appreciate your understanding when on occasions our clinics have run late. Wishing you well in your recovery Best wishes Genny