"rehab ward ...Barton"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was a patient on this ward from April to October 2012 having spent 4 weeks in ICU. after suffering a billiary sepsis. I arrived on the ward paralysed from the neck down and from the outset was treated with the utmost care and respect from all the staff from the cleaners up to the highest consultant. The staff all went about their duties in a cheerful and efficient manner. All patients were treated with the utmost respect and the teamwork between the staff was a joy to behold. After a great deal of hard work by staff ( and myself) I was discharged home walking out of the ward and have been living independently in my own home ever since. My grateful thanks go to the terrific team (both days and nights ) on Barton ward. I am now aged 75.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback; it is always such a pleasure to hear of such a positive experience. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the managers in the relevant departments.