"Concerns with my care at the Royal Sussex Gastroenterology dept"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital / Gastroenterology

I have several concerns about my care at the Royal Sussex Gastroenterology dept. The staff who care for me don't seem to listen or take my problems seriously. I am always seen by junior doctors and never the same person on two occasions.

I have to remain on steroids to control symptoms, even when there is more effective treatment available. It seems that anti-TNF treatment is too expensive. The 12-week follow-up appointments that I make are regularly postponed by between 1-3 months at a time. The doctors I see at Royal Sussex are often distracted and unfocused.

Response from

We are sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Within the hospital we have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who try to help resolve patient concerns. The PALS team is based at both the Royal Sussex County and Princess Royal Hospitals and can be contacted on 01273 696955 ext 4029.

If you wish your concerns to be investigated as a formal complaint please contact the complaints team on 01273 696955 ext 4020.