"Helpful staff at Guernsey House"

About: Guernsey House / Primary care addiction service Sheffield (PCASS)

The best bit about my appointments at Guernsey House is that the staff are helpful in answering my questions and taking care of my needs.

The worst bit is that it is difficult getting here as it is so far from where I live.

All in all, it is helpful for all my needs.

Response from Dr Roger Smith

This is a reply to all the patients attending Guernsey House who have sent us their opinions of the service we are providing. We will be replying to specific individual responses but felt a general response was necessary to show that we are not ignoring the excellent feedback we have had so far.

There have been many good things said about the service as well as some specific areas that can be improved, but the overwhelming theme on the negative side has been the clinics running late, people having to wait beyond their appointment time to be seen and difficulty accessing the service when things go wrong. We have noted these complaints and are looking at ways of dealing with them. The solutions will be posted on the website for discussion.

Please keep the feedback coming and encourage other patients to participate this is a vital link in improving the service. Thank you to all of you that have responded

Dr Roger Smith

Clinical Director

Primary Care Addiction Service (PCASS)

Guernsey House

Response from Patient Opinion

Thank you for your posting, your commments will be well received we shall pass them on at the next staff meeeting.

We understand that for some of our service users our location is not convenient, you may wish to speak with one of our drug workers about alternative options that may be available to you or extra support you could get. You can do this by via reception at anytime.