"Treatment"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I am sure that you receive many critical comments so I thought that this positive one might help to redress the balance. I started to get flashes in my left eye about a week ago and went to my GP who referred me on. The next day I was given a 2.45 appointment for the next but one day i.e. 23rd. I arrived slightly early, was seen promptly and was able to leave in just a few minutes over the hour which all seemed pretty quick to me at any rate. The staff were all excellent. the nurse was thorough and also confident both in her explanation and in administering drops, which was very helpful to someone like myself who is somewhat nervous about eye matters. I waited for some 25 minutes for the drops to take effect and I then saw a doctor. His examination was thorough and he was then able to give me a very clear explanation of what was wrong. He was also able to reassure me as to the effects of the condition - posterior visceral detachment - and he reassured me that I had not wasted anyone's time. Thanks very much to all.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us, it is a great boon to your staff to know how deeply they are appreciated. I am glad that you were seen promptly in all areas of your treatment, from referral to diagnosis, and that you felt well cared for by all the staff you saw. I am pleased to hear that they helped you to feel at ease, particularly if you are nervous about eye treatments. It has been a joy to share your thanks with the clinical teams working in the Eye Hospital, and with senior nurses and management. I hope that your treatment is going well!