"A big thank you from me to everyone in the Hospital"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency East Surrey Hospital / Oncology East Surrey Hospital / Respiratory medicine

I was flying back from Lanzarote and did not feel well on flight. I apparently had pneumonia. I was very sick I was taken to Tilgate ward after a day and while there my other lung collapsed due to cancer but everyone from doctors to nurses to the ladies and gents that brought round the tea were fantastic. I have been to many hospitals, even worked in A@E but this was far the best hospital I have ever been in for care and dedication. And the meals what a great choice to give your patients. sadly my cancer is terminal but they did everything to get me home where I am now living with permanent oxygen. This is a big Thank you from me to everyone in the Hospital.

Dear Lynnie56

Thank you for taking the time to post such great comments about Tilgate Ward at East Surrey Hospital. It is very good to read that you felt that you were cared about so well in the hospital and I know that that the team will be pleased to read you kind words.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about the food and I'm pleased that this added to your overall good experience within the hospital.

Very best wishes