"Medical assessment unit "

About: Royal Derby Hospital

When I was admitted to MAU I was very unwell. On arrival I needed to move from A&E's trolley to a bed. The nurses asked me if I was able to move myself, I moved my bottom perhaps an inch, but could not go further. They said you can't can you and told me to stay there. Then 2 nurses, without another word to me, proceeded to move me. I was rolled, slid and lifted, without a single word being spoken. I was very frightened as I did not understand what was happening to me. I should note that they did use the correct procedure.

Response from PALS Team, Patient Experience Team, Patient Experience Team, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for providing us with your feedback following your recent experience as a patient in this Hospital. I will certainly ensure these comments are fedback to the staff in our Medical Assessment Unit, however if you would prefer a more thorough response, we would need more specific details. To give us the opportunity to look further into this matter can you kindly contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on Freephone 0800 7837691 or via email on dhft.contactpals@nhs.net who will certainly try to assist you further.

In the meantime, please accept our sincere apologies for any upset caused on this occasion and may I once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

The Patient Experience Team, on behalf of Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust