"Care of a terminal stroke patient"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My lovely friend was admitted to Chaldon Ward after suffering a sudden stroke. She died 2 1/2 weeks later. I cannot praise the staff on Chaldon ward enough. All the staff were wonderful....compassionate, sympathetic and kind to all her family and friends. Always willing to share any information and be available to us. She was always in clean crisp sheets and looked comfortable and well cared for. Thank you all so much.

Response from Maxine May, Communications Officer, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anne

Maxine May

Communications Officer

Response from Ben Mearns, Chief of Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anne

Thank you so much for thinking of us at such a difficult time. I will make sure that I pass your kind words on to the Stroke Team and I assure you that you will empower them to do even better in future.

If you ever need anything from us please let us know.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Kindest regards

Dr Ben Mearns

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Anne I am so sorry to hear about your friend and I appreciate this must be a very difficult time for you. Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive feedback. I will make sure that I pass this on to the staff on Chaldon ward - I'm sure they will be very pleased to read such lovely comments. Kind regards Maxine May Communications Officer Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust