"Expressing extreme satisfaction with my treatment."

About: Axminster Hospital

On Tuesday Oct 21 '14 my wife drove me to the hospital - no charge in the car park and spaces available - for a 1.00 pm hernia procedure. My full marks all round in the above review may seem excessive but they are well considered. I was looked after by the most delightful team of experts possible. Although a hernia problem is fairly mild in medical terms with positive expectations, I was still apprehensive. However, the friendly informative attention I received soon dispelled any concerns. I noticed a leaflet on the table by my bed inviting comments, but forgot to pick it up, so I am very pleased to be able to add a few words of thanks now. With many, many thanks to you all.

Dear Mr Sheldon

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the website. Its good to see that staff not only treated you so well, but kept you updated at all times during your treatment. I have shared your very kind comments with the hospital matron, who in turn will share the feedback with the staff involved in your care, where they will be warmly recieved.

I hope you are now well on the way to a full recovery and wish you well for the future.

Response from Caroline Lee, Partnership Officer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Mr Sheldon

We at Healthwatch Devon are delighted to hear you have had a good experience at Axminster Hospital. Healthwatch Devon is here to listen to the views of patients and to make sure they are passed on to providers. It's great to see this happening in action. We also offer advice and information on health and social care, particularly with access to social care as well as health services and you can view our reports on www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk

Yours sincerely