"City Crisis Team Nottingham "

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (City)

I have been under the care of the crisis team since I was discharged from Highbury Hospital. This is the second time I have been in contact with them. However, this time around they have been disappointing. I see a different person every time. I am seen 2-3 times a week and I never see the same person twice. They always fail to call me when they say they will. They have missed four of my appointments in the last three weeks. They have been very dismissive on phone calls. I regularly call them at night time and the staff do answer but they have recently been quick to end the conversation and they don't attempt to resolve my issue. They just tell me to simply go have a bath or make a drink and go to bed. Prior to this, I was regularly seen by the same nurse. She was always on time, always turned up and was always there for me. Since she has left I have not had a good experience from the staff there.

Response from Ruth Gadd, Acting Service Manager , City Crisis Team, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust

Thank you for posting and I hope I can help you with some of your concerns.

I can see that you are dissapointed about seeing a diffent person every time and thta you never see the same person twice. The Crisis teams do offer a service to support individuals in crisis and distress, it is important that the team is responsive to all of these individuals, and it is important that people are seen promptly, this does mean that individuals may not always see the same person from the team, it is called a team held case load as opposed to individual one to one work.

I am sorry to hear that your appointments have been missed and that the phone calls you have been receiving haven't been helpful. I am more than happy to look in to this on your behalf if you would like me to? If you want to contact me direct my direct, my name is Ruth Gadd, I am a manager within the Crisis Team, the direct number is 0115 9560800, or you can email me at ruth.gadd@nottshc.nhs.uk