"The group has a lovely warm atmosphere"

About: East Leake Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

I was told about the Caterpillars baby group via my health visitor when my daughter was about 3 weeks old and decided to take her along when she was around 6 weeks. The ladies that run the group made me feel very welcome and my child is nearly 10 months old now and I have been going almost every week since! The group has a lovely warm atmosphere and it's fab being able to talk to other mums, especially when it's your first baby! The sessions they have been running on a Friday for weaning, sleep and first aid have been fantastic, really enjoyed them! ! The toys etc for the babies are brilliant and my child particularly likes the singing. I have made some great friends since I started this group, it's a real asset to the village.

The only suggestion I have is that it would be nice if they maybe ran a dad's session on a Saturday as many of the dad's can't make the groups in the week because of work commitments.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships We are preparing to make a change

thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on this forum - they are greatly appreciated and help to plan future activities within sessions at the Children's Centre.

I always enjoy hearing from parents and children who have attended our sessions and great to hear that you and your daughter have benefitted from attending the caterpillar group and have participated in such a wide a varied agenda, may I hope that you continue to attend Children's Centre Sessions and provide feedback that helps shape our services within Rushcliffe.

I will present your suggestions for a group inwhich parents who work in the week can attend sessions - keep in touch for developments.

• Millie6688 thinks this response is helpful