"Daughter with neck abscess"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

(as a parent/guardian),

Admitted to Crosshouse Hospital with neck swollen on one side after throat infection.

I but would like to add to it because I wanted to say how much we appreciated the care our daughter received in the Childrens' Ward at Crosshouse Hospital. It was a very worrying time but the care, attention and prompt treatment reassured us greatly and she has gone on to make a full recovery. We can't thank every member of staff enough.

Also, received great care from ADOC initially.

Dear September,

Thank you for getting in touch via Patient Opinion. I am so pleased that you and your daughter have experienced the best care and that she will be fully recovered soon. Yes, it is such a worrying time when a wee one is unwell or in hospital and I hope you are now recovering from your experience, it can be traumatic as a parent too. All postings and comments are very much appreciated but it is always a pleasure for me to pass thanks to the service and this is no exception.

Kind regards,