"It’s ridiculous having to wait this long for an appointment "

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Dermatology NHS Ayrshire & Arran

I had an appointment at the dermatology clinic in Sept 2013 and have waited for a follow up appointment. Well, it’s come through for November 2014, a year and two months later when I do not have a rash to show them.

It’s absolutely ridiculous having to wait this long for an appointment – I phoned the hospital to cancel the appointment as it will be a waste of time when there is nothing to see. There is no point in me wasting their time.

What’s more annoying is that if the rash does come back I have to go back to my GP and will have to be referred again – possibly having to wait another long time before an appointment at the hospital comes through.

Dear Impact694,

I have asked the appointments team what is the current waiting list for Dermatology. At the moment, for a routine referral, there is an approximate 26 week wait but there should not be a wait for a follow-up appointment. It does seem as if something has gone wrong and we would like to check out what that is. Could you please contact me either by phone on 01563 826222 or email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk and let me know your name, address and CHI number (or date of birth if you do not have your CHI number).

I can only apologise for this and hope to establish why it has happened.

I do hope your rash has gone for good now,

Kind regards,

Response from NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Impact694

I am sorry to hear about your length of wait for a follow up appointment for dermatology. Please can you give me a call on (01563) 826385 or provide me with some more information and I will look into this matter further for you, to find out why this appointment has taken as long.

Kind Regards