"My advisor offered excellent advice about particular situations"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

I had suffered anxiety and mild depression over work issues and with family and friends. I felt I was expected to take too much responsibility and was the focus of negative criticism at my failure to adapt. I felt my friends would listen but could not offer advice that suited my personality.

My advisor offered excellent advice about particular situations which was consistent so I felt I could apply them to particular future worries. I also received a lot of advice regarding self-help techniques with plenty of materials to work with, and the meetings were direct but not restrictive if I chose to expand on other issues.

We felt I progressed each week well enough to complete just a six session course which came quickly but a review of my attitude scores shows a marked improvement. I will continue to receive counselling now for relationship issues which I feel have been important throughout my life but I feel well prepared to discuss my issues in a more logical and reasonable way.

Response from Tracey Murden, Inclusion Matters

Dear Gain394,

I'm really pleased to hear that you found your low intensity therapy sessions helpful and that your progress was reflected in the outcome measures that we use. I wish you success with the counselling.

Best wishes