"last days"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My father in law ( 88years ) was admitted through A & E following a long period of ill health. Despite a busy night in A&E he was seen promptly. He was admitted and spent 7 days on ward 17 then 5 days on ward 8, sadly his last days. At every stage the treatment he received was second to none. The nursing, medical staff were excellent. The only thing I would request the hospital reflect on is the communication to the relations of the efforts they were making, ie, reporting what was being input to patient notes more freely. But once I discussed some frustrations about this early on the Consultants, Doctors and Nurses really stepped up. Although the final outcome was sad if not inevitable the hospital staff at all levels were exemplary.

Response from Margaret Mitchell, Deputy head for patient services, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Smith,

Please accept my condolences on your sad loss. As a trust we appreciate the effort it takes for someone to feedback on our services and I will forward your feedback to both the A&E department and Ward 17.

Margaret Mitchell