"Treatment and care received"

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / Radiology

I was due to have a portacath inserted for chemo. The procedure was supposed to be on Monday 20th October. I got a phone call from one of the nurses on the previous Wednesday to say that the radiographers might be going on strike on my appointment day and that they could fit me in on the Friday 17th October.. I was grateful for this as it meant getting it over and done with sooner.

The staff at Gartnavel interventional Radiology were very welcoming on my arrival. Each one introduced themself and explained what would be happening. I felt so comfortable and safe because I felt I was in the hands of experts, who all acted very professionally throughout.

The procedure was carried out in a calm manner and the staff talked to me throughout it, telling me what was happening at each stage.

After I was taken back to the recovery room, I was given tea and a salad roll - a real treat, as I had been fasting from midnight!

Dear BabyMummy,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about the excellent treatment you recently received at Gartnavel. You have highlighted many of the small kindnesses shown by staff which make such a difference to a patient, particularly during an anxious time.

I will pass on your kind comments to the Head of this service and the staff team involved - I'm sure they will be very pleased to receive such lovely feedback.

Thank you again for getting in touch and I wish you all the best in your further treatment.

• BabyMummy thinks this response is helpful