"I tried to complain but to no avail"

About: Western General Hospital / Medical Oncology

I was admitted to ward 8, room 4 as a cancer patient. Admission date was mid September 2013 with discharge 10 days later. My complaint is some of the nurses were excellent in respect and care. However there were certain nurses who seemed to lack considerable respect for me as I tried to be polite and respectful to all the nurses in the ward. I felt totally ignored and one particular nurse did not call me by my proper name as I asked her. I found her very childish and rude to me. I tried to complain but to no avail.

Response from Customer Relations and Feedback Team, NHS Lothian

Dear Jaspa

I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience regarding staff communication. This is clearly not the standard we wish to achieve. It is important that we hear patient feedback in order that we can learn from it so thank you very much for taking the time to post. I am pleased to hear that your whole experience was not negative and you also experienced excellent care.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the Clinical Management Team and I do hope that you are making a good recovery.