"Tamar Ward"

About: Derriford Hospital

Absolutely appalling care and respect from nurses. My father was admitted on 12th Oct, discharged on 13th and back in that night! Staff are very uncooperative and everything seems too much hassle for them. It's like trying to get blood out of a stone to find out what is wrong with my dad. How long does it really take to give a sick patient's family the results of a scan? It's all well and good putting him nil by mouth but a diagnosis is what they really need to find out. Can't wait to get him out of this hospital and hope he never has to return here again.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good Morning,

It saddens me to hear that you feel that your father was not cared for appropriately or treated with respect. We are actively encouraged to put patients first with all our training, I am so sorry to hear that staff has not demonstrated our Trust values.

With best wishes

Genny

Response from Derriford Hospital

It saddens me to hear that you feel that your father was not cared for appropriately or treated with respect. We are actively encouraged to put patients first with all our training. I would really appreciate it if you would call the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) Team on 01752 439884 or email plh-tr.PALS@nhs.net so we may have some more information from you so that we can investigate this further for you. With best wishes Genny