"My mother received excellent care ..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

My mother received excellent care at her outpatient appointment.

Nothing could have been improved. I was so impressed I wrote to tell the chief executive.

We now have the date for her next follow up appointment and it's a date I cannot make so I am trying to call the hospital but I cannot get through. I have been calling 01707369 183 and 01707 365230 since 10 am this morning and both are either no answer or engaged (and you cannot use ring back). what can I do? It is now after 2pm and I cannot make contact with the hospital..... room for improvement, definitely.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments about the Trust's services while at the QEII recently - it's always nice to know when things go well.

As for your problem in accessing the outpatients booking service, we are aware that there is a problem with getting through on the phones - which is something we are working to rectify. In the meantime, if you would e-mail your mother's details (full name, address, date of birth and hospital number, if you know it) to generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net then it can all be sorted quite quickly.