"Mobile Phones & Internet Access on Porchester Ward"

About: Forensic mental health / Low secure services

I would like to be able to have a mobile phone on Porchester ward.

I would like to be updated with new information on the internet access in The Wells Road Centre especially if and when it is going to be available on the wards

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Porchester are currently awaiting for the sim cards to arrive for the new mobile phone procedure to be implemented, please speak to your named nurse to let them know you would like to have a phone provided.

The use of internet within the Wells Road Centre was spoken about at the 1st patient forum with representatives from the IT department they agreed to develop the internet access so that more sites can be accessed using the library computer

It has also been agreed recently that we can expand our internet access to include search engines which will be more useful when looking for the information you need.

I hope you find this response helpful.

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

We have now managed to purchase the SIM cards and basic Mobile phones can be provided to all patients to use within The Wells Road Centre.

Are you using one of the mobile phones provided? I would be interested in any feedback you can give on your experience of this new procedure. This will help us to see how successful this has been at improving your ability to stay in touch with people.