"An utter snhambles"

About: New Cross Hospital

I had the misfortune to have to go to New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton. The pace was filthy with uncaring staff more interested in chatting that dealing with medical issues. The first doctor I saw either could not read English or didn't understand terms like left and right. Utterly useless. The standard of care is lamentable and they cannot be bothered to record information correctly and accurately. I also witnessed the security guards bullying a severely handicapped patient. Disgraceful. This hospital should be ashamed of itself. Don't bother to complain because it does not treat complaints seriously. It fails to respond in any meaningful way and behaves like a perfect self-protecting organism. The tone and culture is obviously set by the Chief Executive and you only have to review his less than distinguished past to understand why.

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear Paul G

I was sorry to read your comments relating to your experience at our hospital. To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact a member of the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362, who can assist you further.

Kindest regards