"The star points above are not really relevant to..."

About: Peterborough City Hospital

A member of my family was referred to Physio department for treatment for a very painful and debilitating physical condition during pregnancy for which the only treatment is physio. Referral was for 6 weeks hence. After phoning physio to ask if it could be brought forward she was told in a very patrionising manner that "it was normal to have pain in pregnancy and most women just get on with it'. That was extremely rude and unhelpful and God help anyone who needs treatment at Peterborough. I will pay for her to go privately to somebody who knows what it is to be caring and considerent of a patient's needs. Point 4 underneath asks for when hospital was visited, this is irrelevant as contact was made by telephone. I am furious at this cavalier attitude as it was not necessary.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry you are dissatisfied with the service your family member has received. If you would like to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on (01733) 673405 I am sure they will be able to help you.