"So impressed with all aspects of care"

About: St Richard's Hospital

I had a gastric bypass in April 2014 due to renal failure and the need to drastically reduce my BMI . I was treated at St. Richards by a consultant and cannot speak more highly of my care. Nobody was judgemental and I was supported wonderfully well by all members of staff. The whole team have got everything so right. Inpatients and outpatients are so well geared up for the tasks and I felt confident that help was on the end of the phone if I needed it. The consultant and his team have got it all so right and 6mnths down the line have given me my life back and a future. I hope they carry on their excellent work for many years to come. St. Richards could teach the NHS a great deal , they have got it all so right and I hope they continue and grow. They certainly deserve their Centre of Excellence for Bariatrc surgery. I should add I am a retired Registed Nurse so have seen things from both aspects.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments regarding your recent bariatric surgery. We are delighted that it has had such a positive outcome for you. Our teams pride themselves on delivering patient centred, individually focused care and it is therefore encouraging to learn that you experienced such professional, supportive, caring and reassuring care. We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant managers who will be delighted to pass them on to their teams.