"Prospect House is Invaluable"

About: Forensic mental health

(as a service user),

I'm happy with the service in Prospect house, but I feel the Doctors have too much power. I felt those who treated me didn't listen and gave me unwanted medication against my will.

Prospect House is Invaluable as a step down from hospital and is a sort of practice for moving back into the community. It's an easy going place. Not as much security. Staff are easy to approach.

I love my room. It's nice and big. I would like a better quality mattress suited to my needs as I find my mattress very hard and I have muscular dystrophy.

Can this be addressed?

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Scouse Mick, Thanks for your posting it's really good to hear that you have found Prospect House and the team approachable. We aim to promote independence in a less restrictive environment. In relation to concerns raised about medication I would encourage you to raise this with your Responsible Clinician.

You have raised an issue with you mattress and in response to this the Ward Manager has spoken to the Primary Healthcare Nurse looking at better mattresses which may be more suitable to your needs. We will book a date for the Healthcare nurse to come and look at your bed.

Dear Scouse Mick, I have been informed that a mattress was sourced which is specified to support people with extra mobility needs which we hoped you would find suitable however you found this uncomfortable and wanted to keep the one you currently use.

Please let us know if you would like to reconsider this offer at some point.

Response from Gregg Murray, Deputy Modern Matron, The Wells Road Centre, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

Mattress was sourced as requested.