"Concern about my name online"

About: Central And North West London NHS Foundation Trust

5 years ago I was hospitalised at a mental health unit. I was in a bad way and I wanted to shout out all my concerns, so I posted under my full name online at my hospital's website. Now I wish I had not. I have returned to full time employment, am looking to progress in customer care and I find it awkward to have my name online under that post - especially as my nurses later advised that I should not tell about my mental health treatment to prospective employers. I did find it comforting to have an option of telling the world what I was worried about, but now it remains online. I'm not sure how to have it removed here.

Response from Mike Waddington, Communications Director, Central and North West London Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Curious Cat

Can understand what you say; if it is on our site we would be happy to talk to you about helping you - if you want to.

Mike Waddington

Communications Director

Mobile: 07740 422873

Landline: 0203 214 5756

Email: mikewaddington@nhs.net

• CuriousCat thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by CuriousCat (the patient)

Thank you very much - it's very kind. Am just taking a break at work now - will try and phone tomorrow.

CuriousCat

Response from Sarah Ashurst, subscriber services manager, Patient Opinion

Hi Curious Cat

My name is Sarah and I am one of the team who runs the Patient Opinion website.

I read your comments and thought you might mean that you have put a story on Patient Opinion 5 years ago under a different username and now want this removed.

If this is the case, I would be happy to remove them for you. You just need to tell me your old username or send me the link to the old story. You can email me at sarah.ashurst@patientopinion.uk.

Sarah

• CuriousCat thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by CuriousCat (the patient)

Dear Sarah,

I'm emailing you right now - just wanted to also thank you here on this site.

CuriousCat