"I would urge more people to go to this clinic"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Continence advisory service

I’ve been going to the clinic for 8 months now, the nurse is going to refer me to the gynaecologist for further support.

As you can imagine it’s a very personal issue but the nurse is very sympathetic and supportive, she does not make me feel uncomfortable talking about my problem.

I wanted to thank Julia for her care and understanding. I'm sure there will be many people who have similar issues to mine, I would urge them to be open and not to be embarrassed about going to the clinic: all the staff are very caring.

Response from Jane Appleyard, Continence Specialist Physiotherapist, Continence Advisory Service, Locala Community Partnerships

Many thanks for your comments about our staff and the service we provide. You are absolutely right that continence and gynaecology problems can be difficult to talk about.We know how important it is to put people at ease and give them the opportunity to discuss their concerns.

Many patient's symtoms improve with lifestyle advice and exercises but some do need referring on to see a consultant. We can refer directly with an up to date summary of a patient's problem and the treatment they have received.

• Excel624 thinks this response is helpful