"Treatment for my partner's seizure"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Accident & emergency Good Hope Hospital / Radiology West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

My partner suffered a seizure waking me at 5am, with no history of epilepsy. I work for the trust and am no way biased. I have to say that straight from the phone call I made to emergency services the treatment we both received could not have been any better.

The ambulance came quick and both paramedics were phenomenal. We were seen straight away in A&E and my partner was scanned within an hour and a half. We were taken to CDU where staff were friendly and bubbly.

Although we spent the whole day awaiting results from both a CT and MRI, this can be expected in a busy trust! ! ! ! ! Thanks once again to all, keep up the very hard work.

Response from Richard Parker, Managing Director, Good Hope Hospital, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks Ladym - I'm glad all worked well, especially at a time when we are experiencing high demand for A&E services.

I'll make sure your comments are fed back to Sajeel, Anna & the A&E team.

Response from Arne Rose, Consultant, Associate Medical Director for Good Hope Hospital , Management, Heart of England Foundation Trust

Dear LadyM,

thanks for the kind feedback. we are in the process of moving CDU to a better and bigger facility (for environment and clinical reasons). we are well aware that there are always things that can be improved. If you would like to be involved in the move and new setup from a colleague and service user perspective, please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Arne Rose

• Ladym thinks this response is helpful

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Thank you Ladym and I hope your partner is on the road to recovery.

If you would like me to share your comments with the attending ambulance crew I would be grateful if you would consider contacting the Patient Experience Team on email pals@wmas.nhs.uk or telephone number 01384 246370.

kind regards