"Excellent care from ophthalmology and Channel Day..."

About: William Harvey Hospital

I attended Channel day surgery on the 23rd September for an eye procedure. I had already been impressed with the speed of service from outpatient opthamology services and was seen well within the national waiting time recommendations. Care at channel day surgery was excellent - very well organised and everything ran smoothly. I was last on the list but staff kept me very updated and kept checking I was ok. The theatre staff were fab and kept me calm. To those who complain about waiting times and appointments for non- urgent care I would suggest you look at what you would have to pay for the same care in other developed countries. Our national insurance contributions don't even touch what care costs - we should be hugely grateful to have the NHS and need to get our expectations in perspective! Many thanks again to WHH - don't let the CQC demoralise you - you are doing a great job!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and I am sure staff will appreciate it very much. We are very proud of our day surgical team who work really hard to provide a safe and personalised service. I do hope you are recovering well.