"False reporting from A&E"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency

Recently obtaining my release notes from my doctor it has occurred to me that there are things that aren't true in my notes. I then contacted the hospital and asked to speak to registrar in orthopaedics. I was told this doctor had moved hospital. I contacted this registrar at their new hospital, and asked about the report.

On further investigation, the registrar told me that they wrote only what my records from A/E said - that I had some alcohol, when in fact I had not been drinking at all, as I was driving my car with family as passengers, all travelling from Glasgow going to a family wedding. I am shocked that this was incorrectly reported.

Dear Same as above,

Thank you for getting in touch to highlight this issue with me - it would be of great help to me in addressing the concerns that you have raised if you could contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk

Your comments have already been passed on to the Head of this service but some more information from you would help us to look into this further.

Best Wishes,