"Care of my mother"

About: Totnes Hospital

My mother spent 3.5 weeks at Totnes Community Hospital in March and April this year and received really wonderful care. The staff looked after her very well, despite her frailty and communication difficulties, with enormous kindness and patience. The ward was clean and warm, and she was offered food and drink at times and in ways that were appropriate for her needs. As relatives, we were made to feel welcome and were able to talk to the staff about her care. My father had spent some time in the same ward three years previously, and the staff recognised my mother from this time. He also received excellent care. I wish I had a hospital like this where I live.

Response from April Gradwell, Feedback, Engagement & Care Governance Manager, Professional Practice, Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to heat that your mother, and previously your father, have received such good care at Totnes hospital. I have passed your comments on to the staff.

Kind Regards

Response from Totnes Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I have passed your comments onto the staff at Totnes Hospital.