"NHS at its best!"

About: St Richard's Hospital

My daughter aged 24 underwent a gastric bypass as she has chronic psoriatic arthritis. From first referral until discharge she was treated with dignity and made to feel involved, understood and well prepared. The hospital is clean, welcoming, staff very friendly and supportive. My biggest 'plus' was that the specialist bariatric nurse was completely aware of what she needed regarding pain due to her chronic condition. All members of the surgery team were excellent and explained perfectly. The surgeon calling me from theatre to tell me how it went. To his rep seeing Charlotte before op, few hours after op and first thing discharge day; he was lovely. I can only speak as I find and I find excellent! Thank you all (secretaries, assessment teams surgical and ward teams) from the bottom of my heart.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

We really appreciate the lovely comments you have posted following your daughter’s surgery and hope she is recovering well. We are very pleased her experience was so positive. Our staff aim to provide the highest standards of care and cleanliness for all our patients and will be delighted to hear that your daughter was treated with dignity and compassion by everyone she encountered, received clear explanations and good management of her pain. We have forwarded a copy of your feedback to all the managers of the areas you have identified who always value receiving such wonderful comments and will share them with their teams.