"Save a baby's life"

About: Balderton Children's Centre Hawtonville Children's Centre

I took a save a baby's life course at Hawtonville and Balderton children's centre recently and found it to be brilliant. It was a wonderful opportunity to learn something that would be so neccessary.

But I then thought that perhaps a full first aid course would also be helpful. Especially being a volunteer at the centre. Id love to take part in a longer course that would cover all basic first aid including CPR for adults too. Perhaps over a longer timeframe than just the two hours I had doing the baby CPR.

I feel this would benefit a lot of parents whether or not they work/volunteer.

Response from Tim Freestone, District Manager, Children Centre (Newark & Sherwood), Health Partnerships

Dear Hawtonville Mum

Thank you very much for your feedback about the save a baby's life course. I am glad you enjoyed it and it sounds like you learnt something very useful.

Thanks also for your suggestion about running a full first aid course, this sounds like it would be useful for parents and for you as a volunteer.

I will discuss your suggestion with the coordinator and see if we are able to put a first aid course on. I will then update your Patient Opinion post to let you know if we're planning this.

Thanks for your volunteering efforts, this is so important for the Centre and the families that use it.