"tardiness getting results to GP"

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

It was surprisingly quick getting angio CT scan arranged and all the medical staff I encountered here and in Brighton were exceptionally kind and helpful. But 4 weeks after the scan took place - my GP still didn't have results. I got different and internally inconsistent stories from the hospital admin about the official readiness status of the results letter to the GP over a 3 week period of chasing on the phone. Although every time - the person II spoke to did their best to be helpful. Looking back on this I think the admin staff (at hospital and GP interface) are having to spend too much time dealing with the paper transmission of documents and related lost information queries (from patients like me) due to having to work with inadequate investment in data infrastructure. They do the best they can - but the IT mechanisms they have to use are not fit for purpose. And it seems to me that the dating of documents (for stats tracking purposes) doesn't necessarily correspomd to externally actionable physical reality.

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team