"Emergency treatment after an accident"

I was taken by ambulance to St Marys hospital after a fall at the far end of the island which resulted in three broken bones in my leg/ankle. The Paramedic who came out & the ambulance men where excellent, caring & very professional. Their care & consideration ensured that I was transported to hospital properly so that no further damage was done & so that I was able to manage the pain. At St Marys again the staff were excellent, calm & very efficient & dealt with my injuries with care & consideration. I was subsequently transported to Truro hospital by Air ambulance & again met with first class medical attention. Thanks to the seamless highly professional care my injuries are now well on the way to full recovery. I am very grateful to all the St Marys staff, ambulance & paramedic for looking after me so well & for helping me at that difficult time.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We want to make sure that our teams know when they have made a positive difference, so we will pass your appreciation on to those who were involved in your experience of care at St Mary's. It is always lovely to hear of the care our patients receive at our Community Hospitals.