"Outstanding care"

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

The Timeline. During July 2014, I had a few instances of tightening in the upper chest, which I hoped were down to over enthusiastic exercise. I decided to visit my GP just to be on the safe side. 28th July: GP visit; immediate ECG; referral for further investigation. Within days, I had notification of my appointment. 4th August: Consultation at Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic It was decided to arrange for me to have an Angiogram to establish the problem. 29th Sept: Pre Admission meeting at the Heart Centre. 2nd Oct: Angiogram day! In at 8; wired up for ECG, blood pressure etc; off to the theatre at 12.20; at 1.00pm, using the live pictures from my heart, the doctor explained I had a problem with an artery. A stent was recommended and I consented. Half an hour later, I was sitting in the chair having a sandwich and a cup of tea. Timeline score - 10 out of 10. ***** The People. You have some amazing people! Taking medical excellence for granted, there are a couple of other things that I needed as a patient - a professional, friendly attitude; reassurance; empathy - and a smile. I'm pleased to say, the Heart Centre delivered all. The Sister and team worked tirelessly all day; responding to all manner of different situations. Even when the ward was very busy, not once did I hear a moan or grumble. NHS at it's best! Thanks to everyone; GP; Rapid Access; The doctor and team; the Sister and the nurses. People score - 11 out of 10.

Response from Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust

Hi Terence

Thanks for your feedback.

We are pleased to hear you did receive the best possible care from us, and that you are safe and well.