"East Surrey Postnatal Ward (Breastfeeding Specialist Lexi)"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Maternity

After being discharged from Kingston Hospital with my baby having tongue tie, I received minimal support or information regarding the condition. Having moved just before the birth of my son we remained at Kingston but transferred to Horsham midwives etc when we came home. They saw the tongue tie and decided to refer us as it was quite severe and I was in excruciating pain whilst trying to breastfeed, furthermore I now had mastitis as a result of the tongue tie and being unable to feed effectively. Lexi at East Surrey suggested I come down to the hospital and after helping me express I felt like a different woman, she also asked if we could come down the next day and they would carry out the procedure on my son to rectify the tongue tie. In less than 24 hours both me and my son were happy and stress free, me and my husband had been given some great advice and organisations for any further help we needed. I really cannot thank Lexi and Minn enough, without them I dread to think which path we may have taken, they are a credit to the hospital.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear PBH

I am so pleased to hear Lexi and Minn gave you the advice and support you needed to successfully breast feed your son. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team who I know will be really pleased to read them.

best wishes to you and your son