"Upset at how I was treated by a doctor"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Accident & Emergency

I had phoned NHS24 Scotland as I was very unwell had been vomiting, high temperature and my throat was swollen causing me difficulty to sleep. NHS Scotland recommended it was important to go to the elderly part of RAH for urgent treatment, when I got there it was empty which was a relief.

I was then called in to be looked at by a doctor. This doctor was horrible, and made out that it was a bad thing I did coming to get checked because apparently I should have just gone to a doctors, as they had to see many people including people from kilmacolm. This doctor was very rude to me because I would probably just get a head cold over the next few days. I felt this person was very patronizing, probably because I am a young adult that wouldn't retaliate to such rude behaviour. This doctor made my experience there awful and I felt worthless when I left there.

Dear Forever123,

Thank you for getting in touch to highlight your experience at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. I'm sorry that you felt the doctor you seen was rude to you - we would expect every member of staff in our services to treat all patients with respect when in our care.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk for some more information so that I can look into this further.

Kind Regards,