"Excellent and caring staff"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

I recently had minor surgery at the N& N. It was an admission which was squeezed in with one day's notice. I was admitted to Earsham Ward on a day when they were extremely busy & had no free beds. Despite this staff took the time to be kind & patient in admitting me & doing my pre-op checks. Both the ward sister & the night staff nurse went out of their way to be exceptionally supportive & kind despite having a million other things to do. All ward staff , cleaning staff & staff delivering food were kind, often appropriately funny & always efficient & supportive. I would like to express my thanks to them. My Consultant & his team have also been very supportive throughout exploratory tests over the past two & a half years & exceptionally kind & reassuring during & post the procedure. I felt very much a person & not a set of symptoms throughout the entire experience. It is very clear that all staff are stretched & under pressure but despite this they still demonstrate, care, empathy & patience. Thank you to them all.

Thank you for telling us about your experience of minor surgery and we are pleased to hear that the staff were exceptionally supportive and kind. We will pass on your feedback to the ward sister.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are pleased to hear that the staff were exceptionally kind and supportive during your hospital stay.